GHLL Training programme
Please click on the links below for more information on the individual courses including dates and cost.
Self Harm Training
This course is open to all professionals who work with secondary age young people in Gloucestershire, including teachers, senior leaders, pastoral managers, tutors, learning support workers and parent support advisors.
These courses are facilitated by Satveer Nijjar BSc (Hons) Psychology, a motivated and inspirational speaker.
Topics covered include:
- defining self-harm
- statistics on self-harm
- what leads to self-harm in young people
- what the functions of self-harm are for the young person
- myths and language use in relation to self-harm
- risk in relation to self-harm
- supporting someone who self-harms, including practical strategies
Tea and coffee will be provided but please bring your own lunch.
9.00am Registration and tea/coffee. 9.30am Start of Training
2&6 Therapy Rooms
Was the information on this page helpful?