Substance Misuse - Key Stage 3&4
Resources, guidelines and articles
Dangerous Drugs Networks Have you noticed a change in the young person you are working with? Download pdf
QCDA guidance was published in 2005 by the (then QCA) now the QCDA:
- Drug, alcohol and tobacco education guidance at Key Stage 3: Unit D: Drugs, alcohol, tobacco and the law - a local, national and global issue
- Drug, alcohol and tobacco education guidance at Key Stage 3: Unit E: Why do people use drugs?
- Drug, alcohol and tobacco education guidance at Key Stage 4: Unit F: Managing risk
- Drug, alcohol and tobacco education guidance at Key Stage 4: Unit G: Giving and receiving support
The Home Office, DfES and DoH produced Understanding drugs: drug education pack for schools - KS 3 in 2006. It contains two booklets for teachers, a pupils' booklet and a CD ROM
The Alcohol Education Trust (AET) is able to offer the following resources free of charge to all UK schools:
- AET Teacher Workbook - 100 page document including lesson plans, games and quizzes organised by topic and year group - 1 copy
- 'Alcohol and You' student guide - up to 250 copies (or enough for a year group)
- 'Talking to Kids about Alcohol' parent guide - up to 250 copies (or enough for a year group)
E-Cigarettes and Nicotine Containing Products (NCPs) - information on e-cigarettes
Drinkaware for Education - Resources for Primary and Secondary teaching, when introducing and developing alcohol awareness with pupils.
Legal Highs (Novel Psychoactive Substances)
Sky News - Drug Dealers 'Cuckooing' Vulnerable People
National Elf Service - Cannabis and psychosis: it's high time for a review
Fixers - Shared stories and advice on alcohol, drugs, crime and other issues
Talk About Alcohol - an educational website full of games, facts and more
Talk to Frank - an informative website about drugs use, effects and treatment
Drinkaware - designed to help inform about the implications of drinking alcohol
Lions Lifeskills - formerly Tacade, this fantastic website overs lots of resources for sex, drugs, alcohol and more, for all key stages
Drug Rehab is an organisation that provides information and answers for people fighting addiction. The information is clear and very accessible making it an interesting resource for those supporting a person with an addiction or simply to help people in general understand more about addiction. PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT A UK SITE.
Recall Report - Alerting the public to the latest information on dangerous drugs and products. PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT A UK SITE.
Was the information on this page helpful?