Multi agency training opportunities are available through the Gloucestershire Safeguarding Children Board. Click here to access more information.
This video highlights the inappropriate and uncomfortable reactions parents get when a complete stranger says they want to follow their children. Parents are encouraged to reflect upon this from the point of view of social networking and online communities. If you would not allow it in real life, then how different it that from online friends and followers? A fantastic eye-opening social experiment. #followme
The primary responsibilities of the role ;
- Build trusting relationships with children from Year 6 through to Year 11
- Deliver 500hrs of educative inputs per school year, based on the PSHE curriculum and force operational priorities, to Year 6 through to Year 9 pupils
- Participate in and, where relevant, facilitate restorative interventions involving children from their allocated schools
- Facilitate timely and effective information sharing between police and schools aimed at preventing and intervening as early as possible
- Co-ordinate the delivery of educative inputs by NHP PCSOs within primary schools
- Cascade learning and upskill NHP PCSOs in relation to school engagement
To contact your locality Schoolbeat officer please email:
PC Kim Murphy – Gloucester firstname.lastname@example.org
PC Leah Davis – Cotswolds email@example.com
PC Greg Steer – Forest of Dean firstname.lastname@example.org
PC Mark Weedon – Stroud email@example.com
PC Candice Palmer – Cheltenham, Tewkesbury, Gloucester firstname.lastname@example.org
PC Pete Curtis - Tewkesbury email@example.com
PC Al Forrester - Cheltenham firstname.lastname@example.org
Or for general enquiries they can be contacted at Schoolbeat@gloucestershire.pnn.police.uk
Online Sexual Harm
This guide has been developed to address the challenges professionals face when working with issues of online harm and young people.
It contains information about what online harm is, the specific issues facing young people, and ways professionals can effectively engage with young people and their families.
MASH - Operation Encompass
Advice and Guidance for Designated Safeguarding Leads
Safeguarding and Human Trafficking - a guide for professionals - June 2021
DfE - Sexual violence and sexual harrassment between children in schools and colleges
Advice for governing bodies, proprietors, headteachers, principals, senior leadership teams and designated safeguarding leads
Tagged under: FGM, sexual exploitation, forced marriage, domestic abuse, safeguarding, GSCB, #followme, schoolbeat officers, mash, human trafficking, guidance, dfe, sexual violence, sexual harrassment
Was the information on this page helpful?