This has been designed and is now well-tested at Newent School, in association with the Gloucestershire Police Schools Unit. It is a lesson pack to show the consequences of what can happen when a young person decides to throw a party for a few friends in their parents' absence. Having invited them on a social networking site, things get out of hand. Through a series of role play activities, the pupils this is delivered to make choices about what could or should have happened at various stages as the story unfolds.
Here are a series of links to the Resources needed to run the activity in a lesson. It has been done over a double lesson with a couple of classes together in order to maximise the impact.
- Powerpoint for Let's Party
- Are these Crimes? Notices to go up around the room:- a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h, i.
- Identity Cards:- 1, 2, 3, 4
- Yellow Pages
- How responsible is Alcohol in this situation?
- Community Links
- Curriculum Links
- Crime Quiz
- Let's Party Evaluation form