Gloucestershire Rape and Sexual Abuse Centre (GRASAC)
Gloucestershire Rape and Sexual Abuse Centre (GRASAC) offers both practical and emotional support, for anyone who has been affected by rape, sexual abuse, and childhood sexual abuse. This can take place in the form of one-to-one emotional support, groups, Independent Sexual Violence Advisors (ISVAs) and email support. All support is free, confidential and non-judgemental for all survivors of sexual violence who live in Gloucestershire, irrespective of age, gender and background.
The emotional support service offers a confidential and non-judgemental environment to talk through your thoughts, feelings, and any options available to you. Working alongside a specialist support worker you are able to explore what has happened and begin your healing journey. GRASAC offer up to 20 sessions of one-to-one support to anyone in Gloucestershire aged 13+ who has experienced sexual violence at any time in their lives. These sessions can be face-to-face, over the telephone or online. Please call 01452 305421 for more information or to make a self-referral.
The Independent Sexual Violence Advisor (ISVA) service provides practical and emotional support for anyone currently accessing, or considering reporting, an incident to the criminal justice system.
- Anonymous email support service - Because we understand that sometimes it is difficult to talk on the telephone, GRASAC offer an anonymous email service, giving you the opportunity to share your experiences, thoughts, feelings and concerns in writing. Our specialist team will reply to your email within 5 working days, offering you the space and support to feel heard. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for anonymous support. For confidentiality reasons, any referrals sent to this address will be deleted.
- Friendship groups - Hosted by volunteers, the group offers an opportunity to meet friendly, understanding people, and to forge friendships. Friendship groups are currently held once a month in Cheltenham and Stroud. For further information and for a group referral please email us: email@example.com or call us on 01452 305421.
- The Power Programme – The course runs for 14 weeks and is provided to women who have experienced sexual abuse/violence. For further information and for a group referral please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01452 305421.
- Phoenix Young Girls Group – a group for young women aged 14 to 16, who have been affected by sexual violence. GRASAC recognises that family can be crucial to a survivor’s healing journey, but it can affect their own health and well-being. Therefore, alongside Phoenix, we will be offering an informal, confidential safe space for the family of the young person attending. For further information and for a group referral please email us: email@example.com or call us on 01452 305421.
- GRASAC-Self-Help-Guide-2023.pdf (glosrasac.org)
- GRASAC-Families-Guide-2023.pdf (glosrasac.org)
- GRASAC-Men-Boys-Guide-2022.pdf (glosrasac.org)
Printed copies of the self-help guide can be obtained by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Was the information on this page helpful?