The Music Works
In School Opportunities
- Small Group Mentoring - Sessions tailored to either young people who are struggling with behavioural or mental health concerns. Available for Years 4 – 11.
- Key Changes / Key Changes Flyer- for young people dealing with low-level anxiety and depression- fully funded.
- Transitions - 10 weekly 1 hour sessions to support year 6’s, 7’s or 10’s – mentoring sessions with a focus around processing change. The group will write a song about their transition, with the programme being centred around the process and sharing of the experience rather than the product. Fully subsidised but very limited spaces. Email Misha on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. If no spaces this can be a paid for programme (see small group mentoring for price)
- Urban Vocals (one off 1.5 hour beat boxing and lyric sessions with professional beat boxer and vocalist) - £250 for up to 30 young people.
- Ipad Music Technology - (10 weekly hour-long curriculum supporting music-tech creative sessions with CPD options) - subsidised at £399 for up to 30 young people.See flyer.
- Inclusive music Sessions – Please click the link for information on sessions for young people with additional needs such as IncDrop which is every Tuesday.
Bursaries for the Summer 2023 Term
Introducing a State-of-the-Art Music Studio Bus!
The Music Works has a bus available which is fitted with a recording studio, enabling them to take music making experiences to communities throughout Gloucestershire. The music bus will give people the opportunity to:
• Record and produce a track
• Improve song-writing skills
• Develop music production
G15 Partnership: 'Head High! Heart Strong!'
The Music Works have supported the creation of a virtual G15 Celebration of Success.
This event is usually held within the hallowed halls of Gloucester Cathedral.
Sadly, Covid 19 intervened, making a live event impossible this year.
The show goes on, just in a virtual format.
Watch both Acts below by clicking the pictures.
INCDrop is an inclusive after school music club for young people with additional needs.
£5 per session or £50 per term
Every Monday (term-time only)
- The Hub, 2nd floor Kings House, Gloucester, GL1 1RP (drop in session - no booking required)
The Drop is a space for you to develop your skills. We work with all genres of music and offer music production sessions as well as band and vocalist sessions.
£3 entry (bursary available)
Every Wednesday (term-time only)
4:30 - 6:00pm
The Hub, 2nd floor Kings House, Gloucester, GL1 1RP (booking required)
SoundsSpace, Causeway Rd, Cinderford, GL14 2AF (booking required)
Stroud College, Stratford Rd, Stroud, GL5 4AH (drop in session - no booking required)
6 - 8PM
The Hub, 2nd floor Kings House, Gloucester, GL1 1RP
Tagged under: G15 partnership, head high heart strong, music works