Schoolbeat: Gloucestershire Police Schools Unit
As a team, we have worked with the Gloucestershire Police Schools Unit in the past, producing many resources including 'Getting Court', 'Price of Parenting' and 'Toxic Tobacco Truths' in most recent years.
We have worked closely with them to deliver training in schools on Drugs Education, Bullying and more specifically Cyberbullying. The Police Schools Unit have been consulted in the production of the 'Alcohol: Who would risk it?' resource launched in March 2012, and have been a valuable partner to the team.
The Child Exploitation & Online Protection Centre (CEOP) presentation and information pack of 'Think U Know' is now available for Schools. The 30 minute presentation is ideally suited to a Year 8 and Year 9 audience and can be presented to whole year groups.
Topics such as gaming and social networking sites are discussed and video clips shown. Information and advice about staying in control and reporting abuse are examined.
If you would like further information, or wish to make a booking please e-mail:
The current Schoolbeat officers are (12/02/2021)):
PC Leah Davis – Cotswolds Leah.Davis@gloucestershire.pnn.police.uk
PC Greg Steer – Forest of Dean Gregory.Steer@gloucestershire.pnn.police.uk
PC Mark Weedon - Stroud Mark.Weedon@gloucestershire.pnn.police.uk
PC Candice Palmer – Tewkesbury Candice.Palmer@gloucestershire.pnn.police.uk
PC Pete Curtis - Tewkesbury firstname.lastname@example.org
PC Fiona McDowell - Cheltenham Fiona.McDowell@gloucestershire.pnn.police.uk
The primary responsibilities of the role: Build trusting relationships with children from Year 6 through to Year 11
- Deliver 500hrs of educative inputs per school year, based on the PSHE curriculum and force operational priorities, to Year 6 through to Year 9 pupils
- Participate in and, where relevant, facilitate restorative interventions involving children from their allocated schools
- Facilitate timely and effective information sharing between police and schools aimed at preventing and intervening as early as possible
- Co-ordinate the delivery of educative inputs by NHP PCSOs within primary schools
- Cascade learning and upskill NHP PCSOs in relation to school engagement
BBC Points West film Schoolbeat officers at Newent School
Schoolbeat officers visited Newent School to take some lessons, on how to keep safe and stay out of trouble. BBC Points West was there to film the Schoolbeat officers taking the lessons. Click on the link below: (19/09/2019)
Was the information on this page helpful?